Short Story American Sex Symbol, Mae West and Quotes Of Life


Tulipshare - Mae West born August 17, 1893 – died November 22, 1980. She was an American actress, playwright, screenwriter, and sex symbol.

Famous for her bawdy double entendres, West made a name for herself in vaudeville and on the stage in New York before moving to Hollywood to become a comedian, actress and writer in the motion picture industry.

One of the most controversial stars of her day, West encountered many problems including censorship.

When her cinematic career ended, she continued to perform on stage, in Las Vegas, in the United Kingdom, on radio and television, and recorded Rock and Roll albums.
[pict: Wikipedia]

Quotes

1.
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” 
― Mae West

2.
“There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.” 
― Mae West

3.
“I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.” 
― Mae West

4.
“Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.” 
― Mae West

5.
“I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it.” 
― Mae West

6.
“Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” 
― Mae West

7.
“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” 
― Mae West

8.
“When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ” 
― Mae West

9.
“I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.” 
― Mae West

10.
“I'm single because I was born that way.” 
― Mae West

11.
“I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.” 
― Mae West

12.
“Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” 
― Mae West, Wit & Wisdom of Mae West

13.
“Ladies who play with fire must remember that smoke gets in their eyes.” 
― Mae West

14.
“A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.” 
― Mae West

15.
“Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.” 
― Mae West

16.
“It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men.” 
― Mae West